VISTA MANAGING SERVICES, LLC
The Maintenance Mechanic executes scheduled, preventative and predictive maintenance tasks. Also, offers suggestions to improve the maintenance program. Assists operations in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment. Recommends measures to improve equipment performance, and maintenance systems. Responsible for tools and maintaining supply of tools. Performs any task necessary for plant production in accordance with the Maintenance Manager’s direction. Works in a safe manner at all times, as per MSHA and company regulations.
• Assists in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment
• Executes tasks during scheduled down times including maintenance and inspections; report deficiencies
• Strives for compliance with MSHA and Company safety regulations, standards and procedures
• Work closely with Operations to ensure that the plant runs efficiently
• Directly reports to the Maintenance Manager for any issues, problems, breakdowns, and needs
• Understands all plants process flow, and any plant limiting factors
• Becomes familiar with all plant equipment to include the following: belt feeders; Diester screen; slurry pumps; cyclones; hydrosizers; dewatering screens; conveyors; fluid bed dryer; rotary drum dryer; baghouse; fans; burners; Rotex mineral separators; air actuated gates; bucket elevators; silo baghouses; load spout & filter module; truck scales; track belts; shovel tail pulleys; bobcat; keep Rotex screen deck clean; be accountable for tools
• Maintains: skirt board rubber; primary and secondary scrapers; belt splices; idlers; bearings
• Inspects bucket elevators for tracking, buckets, splice, bearings, shafts, head and tail pulleys
• Ensures that all air actuated flop gates are operating properly and are controlled by the PLC
• Repairs and maintenance of large blower fans – pillow block bearings and v-belt drives
• Champions company policies, procedures, culture, etc. Leads by example
• Carries out scheduled and preventive maintenance tasks as necessary
• Serves as an excellent Company ambassador and safety champion at all times
JOB SKILLS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Must be knowledgeable in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic & pneumatic maintenance & repair of machinery/equipment
• Ability to set spherical roller bearings on taperlock bushes
• Ability to set and align V-belt drive systems
• Knowledge of conveyor belt tracking and repair is an advantage
• Ability to re-build shaft mounted Dodge gearboxes is an advantage
• Metal fabrication and welding techniques is an advantage – vertical pass; torch use; etc.
• 5+ years of Maintenance / Millwright or similar experience
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deal with changes, delays or unexpected events
• Must be able to read, write and speak English at a level that allows for the safe and accurate performance of job duties.
• Work is based inside and outside of the processing plant facility and on a mine site
• Position requires the ability to lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 50 pounds
• Typically bends, stops and crouches on a regular basis
• Overnight and/or weekend work may be required
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship. Must pass a pre-employment, post-offer drug screen, physical and background check.
Vista Sand provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vista Sand complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.